Matlock Station, Flowers and Steam

Having received many photographs taken at Matlock around the opening of Peak Rail this summer, here is another gallery of some of the rest:

The former Matlock Station Master's house from the 'ugly footbridge'. The blue plaque commemorating its former role was installed by Matlock Civic Association on the chimney buttress on 13th August 2011. Pictures below show the subsequent unveiling ceremony which took place on 13th September.  
  A close-up of the plaque, installed under the Derbyshire County Council scheme to honour famous people connected to the area, in this case Sir Joseph Paxton
Photographs prior to the the unveiling ceremony, of Peter Wild (Matlock Civic Association Blue Plaque project), Tony Symes (Matlock Civic Association Chair), Mrs Jones (last Matlock stationmaster's daughter) and Barrry Hopkinson (Mayor of Matlock)  
  The four pictured above unveiling the plaque.
The station approach with Bill Hudson books on the left.  
  Planters installed and maintained by the Friends of Matlock Station
   
  An East Midlands Trains service arrives at platform 1 on Peak Rail opening day 2nd July 2011.
The Peak Rail signs at the north end of the new platform 2 with Sainsbury's superstore behind..  
  The inaugural Peak Rail service after arrival at platform 2 with '68013' Royal Pioneer at its head...
...and is photographed by the visitors. Although disguised as a BR J94 class, 68013 was formerly a War Department loco WD75186, later WD150 and built by Robert Stephenson & Hawthorns (7136/1944)  




FDVL 2017

Community Web Kit provided free by BT