|06/05/11 - Our Duffield Correspondent confirms that Parking Charges now in operation - only one small notice announcing that it had begun, which could have been easily missed behind a parked car so watch you don't get caught out!
18/04/11 - East Midlands Trains confirm that due to delays by an external contractor the start of the scheme has been put back to May 2nd. They confirm also that holders of BR passes / season tickets will be able to purchase Car Park Season tickets.
15/04/11 - Latest reports from our Duffield correspondent indicate that the scheme will not now be operational until May and that posters are being taken down, He reported that EMT have said that Car Park Season tickets will only be available to Rail Season Ticket holders.
East Midlands Trains have confirmed details of the Pay & Display Car Parking scheme, in response to our recent questions.
Read the full EMT Car Parking Questions & Answers
- The scheme will be introduced at Whatstandwell, Ambergate and Duffield.
- Start date now 18th rather than 3rd April due to late equipment from suppliers
- Cromford will be made Pay & Display later in the year. A decision on Matlock is still awaited.
- The daily charge will be £2, with options for Weekly/Monthly/Annual Season Tickets
- The Season Tickets will be Transferable, i.e not specific to a car registration number, so can be used by those who are able to "car share" to the station.
- The Fine for non-display of valid ticket or parking in a non-designated space is £35 (£70 if not paid within 28 days)
- No guarantee of space for car park season ticket holders (first come/first served basis)
If you are affected by these proposals please register your concerns with East Midlands Trains, the Community Rail Partnership (via your local District Councillor) and copy us in (via firstname.lastname@example.org)