|* New hourly timetable introduced (December 2008)
* Retention of the one daily main-line call at Belper, 07.27 to Sheffield (December 2008)
* Earlier arrival of 07xx departure from Matlock at Nottingham for morning commuters (May 2009)
* Stops instituted at Cromford & Whatstandwell on all services (December 2009)
* Connections now possible into the xx18 departure to St Pancras at Derby (December 2009)
* Later service St Pancras (20.25 instead of 19.55) connects into the last Derby-Matlock service M-F (May 2010)
* Same improvement to also apply on Saturdays (planned from December 2010)
* Increase in the number of services worked by 2 cars rather than 1 car
* Introduction of station adoption schemes at most stations on the line,either directly or working with other parties
Friends of the Derwent Valley Line continue to lobby for further improvements to our local services including:
* An additional morning service between from Matlock between the 06.21 and 07.36 departures.
* Additional main-line services to call at Belper, northbound morning and southbound evening to provide for commuters to Chesterfield and Sheffield
* One main-line evening service ex Derby,17xx, to call at Belper to relieve pressure on 1650 Matlock service.